Any data that you submit using this web form will be held by our firm as Data Controller and will be held securely for 12 months before being securely and confidentially destroyed. Your data will not be disclosed to any third parties without your consent or as otherwise allowed by the relevant Data Protection legislation and will only be used for responding to your query (or anything associated with that purpose).

You have the right to be informed about what data we hold about you along with other rights set out in the legislation. Further information about your rights under the data protection legislation can be found at

Full details can be found on our website at

Our Privacy Policy

Financial Settlements

Upon the breakdown of a marriage or civil partnership, Orders for financial settlement cannot take effect until after the decree nisi in divorce, judicial separation or dissolution of the civil partnership. Our matrimonial specialist will advise you on your options if financial assistance is required sooner.

There are a number of applications we can make on your behalf for the court to grant an order prior to the relationship being formally ended. It may be that you need immediate financial assistance or it is necessary to transfer a property into your sole name.

We can support and guide you through the whole process ensuring that your needs and that of any dependent children are suitably met without any undue delay.

Provided there has been a decree of divorce, judicial separation or dissolution of a civil partnership, the court will, at that point, consider the appropriateness of long term financial orders. Having looked at all the circumstances of the case and the financial position of both parties, the court may consider a ‘clean break’ order to be appropriate so that neither of you are dependent on the other in the future. This would not include any orders in respect of maintenance for dependent children.

Financial settlements following the breakdown of a relationship can be complex and acrimonious. Our specialist lawyers will assist you in reaching an agreement if it is possible and appropriate to do so. If, having received full and frank disclosure from your former partner, we feel attempts to negotiate are proving costly and unrealistic we will advise and represent you in court to ensure the financial settlements are just and fair.

Legal aid will not be available but our charges are clear, reasonable and always agreed with you in advance.

Speak to our Initial Client Coordinator on 03300 245750 for initial advice.


I think Helen has done amazingly and fought really hard for my case. It is only due to her that I have my son back. I like that Helen is direct and to the point and if I’m not doing something that I should be, then Helen will tell me straight up. Helen is passionate about what she does and I am really grateful to her.

Joannie, Luton

Talk to someone

Call us for a chat on:
03300 245750
Or we can call you back using our call back feature at the top of the page.